Thursday, January 17, 2013

Here Fishy, Fishy!

Whenever I go fishing you will always hear me call out "here fishy,fishy" I don't know why but it works for me! Last week I was browsing through and saw that Pure Ice was doing a nail art contest called Pure Ice My City! You had to come up with a manicure that is inspired by your city, or state. 

Since I have not lived in Rochester very long I decided to stick with Minnesota. I knew right away I wanted to do something with lakes. Minnesota is known as Land of 10,000 lakes. I love the water! I love to swim, go boating, fish etc. I decided to make my manicure about ice fishing. I thought it was going to be a lot easier to do than it was. In the end I am pretty proud of it. All was done freehand.


I was really inspired by the whole snowman connected nail I just knew right away I was going to have a line go down both nails and a fish at the end. It was my mother in law's idea to add the ice shack. I had a really fun time creating this! 

If you are interested in learning more about the contest you can visit Pure Ice's facebook page for details. You might want to hurry though! Contest closes Friday (tomorrow) morning! 


#PureIceMyCity

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every comment! I have made it to where it will not accept Anonymous user comments any longer to try and cut down on spam! Thanks everyone!